If you’re attending #advocacyday2013, I’d love to get to know you a bit before we meet next week! Just answer these questions on your blog, and let me know you did!
1. Where are you in your infertility journey right now? In one sentence!
Grateful to be parenting (via domestic open-adoption) after 3.5 years of TTC, 2 IUIs, 1 IVF, 1 miscarriage, endometriosis diagnosis, many tears, and far too many episodes of the Gilmore Girls.
2. What inspired you to go to RESOLVE Advocacy Day 2013?
I attended my first Advocacy Day last year, and it changed my life. I’ve never felt so empowered, engaged, and effective in speaking about an issue I care deeply about. Advocacy Day makes a difference, and there’s nothing I want more than to pass The Family Act!
3. What do you want Congress to understand about infertility?
That infertility is a treatable disease, and thousands of families cannot access proper healthcare because of the high cost of treatment and lack of insurance coverage.
4. What are you most looking forward to about Advocacy Day?
Walking the halls of Congress and taking part in our democratic process! There is truly nothing else like it. (Ok, and having a cocktail with my fellow advocates!)
5. What is one thing that other advocates will be surprised to learn about you when they meet you?
I’m afraid of spiders. But I’m not afraid of talking about my uterus in public! (You probably already knew that, though.)